What it dew followers, readers, and the such!
I was wondering when my next topic to blog about would pop up...seems I need to wonder no further....its hit me like a ton of bricks this weekend..seems like everything hits me like themes when I'm motivated to write...so here goes...
So this past week...the issue of Comfort has come up time and time again in our disagreements, discussions, analysis of others, etc.
Today was no different as this subject came up on our way to go see Iron Man 2....still at home for a 4:25 movie...hopefully we will make it as I have BEEN wanting to go see this move....
So first let's get some background before I go all out with the situation at hand.
Friday me and some of my girl friends went to go to see Sex and the City 2....loved it btw....anyhoo...after work I came home...showered, ironed up a cute top, jeans, heels, slapped on some makeup...did my hair and I was out the door...had fun w/my girls...came home...at slept...end of the night...
So today on Sunday afternoon, I got to put on this white tank shirt, some jean capris, and the BF looks at me and says "I don't like that shirt, you need to retire it, its ugly" I proceed to tell him that I like the shirt, and say that its not ugly and that I wanna wear it, then I say...I don't have any other shirts to wear and that I need to buy some shirts....he gets angry and is like "well I'm not going to the movie, I'm done, you can go, I'm not going"--at this point, I'm like...well I don't know how we got to this point, but I do know that its not where I wanna be...so...I apologize for being a smart ass and we move on...
Ended up being that he was initially annoyed w/me b/c it seems that I can dress up and look nice when I'm going to go meet up w/friends, but that when him and I were goin to go out to the movies, I just throw on anything and I'm ready to roll...
I guess he's been feeling like I've been getting comfortable w/him all the time...comfortable w/what I wear when we go out....comfortable in keeping the spice in our relationship...comfortable in what I wear to bed....comfortable, comfortable, comfortable....its not like I planned to be THAT woman..the one who no longer went all out in the looks dept for my man...but somehow through the years it has happened...I used to own cute pj's and thongs, and those have gone by the wayside for boyshorts.....still cute, but often covered by Pj pants, and oversized t-shirt and fuzzy socks....ewww....even as I type that out and I get the visual of what I look like...damn...that is NOT sexy...I need to dig those out of the container and buy more for my repertoire...I am 28 not, 78...I need to def figure out a way to bring the sexy back...
I've talked to several friends of mine about it and I realize that I need to stop being lazy.....the spice doesn't go away in a relationship...what happens is that one person or both people stop trying...that's the problem....
Maybe I've just gotten bored with my everyday life...who knows...I think that's the case...I am responsible all the time now...never feel like there is a time to let my hair down and let loose...sort of like I discussed in my last post...I'm in one of those modes where I just need a change of scenery and I don't know what, when, or how to get it...
But I think I may have found my way....the BF looooves the comedian Paul Mooney and I've been looking for months to see if he is coming to the Houston Improv...or the Addison Improv (in Dallas) well low and behold, he is coming in 2 weeks to the Addison Improv so I've told him about it, so its a good chance we might be going to that...so..even though its Dallas which is not exactly my idea of fun, its out of Houston....so we'll see..
But back to the situation at hand..so after our discussion about my outfit, I jazzed it up...insead of flip flops, I put on some heels....put some makeup on, jewelry..and shock,suprise, I looked really nice...I received compliments from people when we went out...to the point that I started thinking, well damn, how do I look on any regular 'ol day!!
Anyways, I hope that by my next post my Operation Keepin it Sexy has brought about some positive changes....anyways, as always, thanks for being interested in what I had to say and until my next post....
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, sis... It's easy to get complacent in things. Be it work, life, friendships, relationships, etc. You do have to "keep it spicy/sexy" for the sig o. He must have been holding onto that thought/feeling for a minute, though... cause dressin' down for a movie shouldn't really be that big of a deal. (This coming from someone who got jazzy for GNO @ SATC2, this weekend). Lmbo! But, that's me.
ReplyDeleteBut, I also read your last post... and it seems that he, too, has also got complacent. Not taking vacations/ getting you out/ showering you with all the things I so vividly remember him doing for you - a lot. So maybe you just weren't getting "jazzy" for him, because some of his complacency was hitting you in another way, too?
Never the less, you should def keep it spicy on your end... Maybe that will help him spice it up a bit on his end, as well.